Hello and welcome to the SpaceAgeSage blog! My name is Lori Hoeck, but I often write as SpaceAgeSage.
Forty-nine years on this planet and I have been blessed to see and do more than most women:
- I was born in Missouri, raised in Oklahoma and Colorado, and have traveled to six countries.
- I spent a summer in Oklahoma running a combine during the wheat harvest.
- I have rafted through category 5 whitewater and caught a hot-air balloon ride in the crisp Rocky Mountain air.
- I camped Survivorman-like for three days at 8,000 feet near Aspen, Colorado — for the fun of it.
- I took sailing lessons in Florida and spent a summer as a beach bum.
- I became certified as an EMT and spent 2 years as a volunteer firefighter.
- I witnessed a voodoo ceremony in Belize, hitchhiked in Mexico, and climbed the Mayan ruins of Tikal in Guatemala.
- I traveled alone through Mexico and parts of Central America just one year after graduating from college with a journalism degree.
- I earned my third degree black belt in tae kwon do and taught as a senior instructor in the martial arts for many years.
- I have heard coyotes howl, marveled at bald eagles plummeting downward for fish, and watched a wild mother bear and her cubs run through the underbrush.
My greatest love is my husband of 14 years. He is loving and lovable; caring and carefree; wild and wise. If he had an American Indian name, it would be “Laughing Heart.”
My earliest challenges in life were the deaths of my father and sister (happening 4 months apart), followed three years later by the death of my dear grandfather. All this before 3rd grade.
My life-long goal continues to be embracing wisdom…
…time for me to pass it on
Contact email: Tillerheart [at] gmail [dot] com